PFCLScan is licensed on an annual subscription basis. After the subscription period ends you will be invited to renew, if you choose not to renew then you will no longer be able to use PFCLScan.
Conversely if you do renew then we want to recognise loyalty to our product and as such we have set renewal license fees to be approximately 55% of the first years license fee; Our fees are very competitive as it is our goal to make tools such as PFCLScan realisticaly available at a reasonable license fee to as many people as possible. Unlike other products our license fee is based on the installation not the number of databases (or other targets) that you wish to scan.
We have created a simple license model for annual licensing of PFCLScan:
|License||Seats||Databases Scanned||Term of License||License Fee||Renewal Fee|
The license includes:
- The license is an annual subscription; the renewal fees quoted for subsequent years of use are approximately 55% of the initial license fee. As long as you remain licensed you qualify for the reduced license fee.
- To take advantage of the reduced renewal fee you must renew the annual license before it expires or no later than 30 days from the expiration date of any current license. Be aware that the software is technically limited to stop working after the exppiration date of the license.
- If you do not renew the annual license for PFCLScan after it expires you cannot continue to use it.
- PFCLScan product support is included in the license fee but not consulting or training. We can provide these for a fee, please talk to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All major and minor updates are available for free whilst you are fully licensed
- We provide regular policy and report updates as well as new features and functionallity
- All support is remote only via our support ticket website. We do not make site visits
Our goal with PFCLScan is to provide really good useful functionallity at a fair price so we do not base out license fees on the number of databases (or indeed other targets) scanned.
An engagement license is aimed at a consultant who needs to perform a database security audit internally or for a client but who does not need to use the PFCLScan software for a year or longer.
An engagement license has all the same features as a Pro annual license but the license term lasts instead for 30 days. This license is great for a single audit or a single engagement. The fee is again based on our same instalation based model and does not limit the number of targets that can be scanned.
This engagement license can be purchased for a single engagement to perform an audit internally or for your customers if you are a consultant. You can renew the engagement license for an 18% discount provided that the renewal is concurrent to the original license.
How to Buy
To purchase PFCLScan send an email to email@example.com with a requirement of how many licenses you wish to purchase. Ideally this should be a purchase order or similar. We will issue an invoice and when payment is received create a licensed copy of PFCLScan for you and a download link and support login.
When you receive the download URL you will be able to download the software and installation guide and install the software. Once installed a key is generated the first time you use the software and this should be supplied to support to get an activation code.
Please note at the moment we are currently only licensing PFCLScan to business customers and not to individuals. This may change in the future. We also require potential purchasers to not use generic email addresses as we cannot send out activation codes to these types of email address.
The purchasor is the “importer of record” and is responsible for ensuring that the license purchase is fully compliant with all local laws and taxes.
The EULA is available to review by you in advance of purchasing by emailing us – see the contact page – Please note we do not normally make requested changes to our EULA. We will take all proposed changes into consideration but reserve the right to pass on any legal fees before doing so. We feel our license fees are very competitive and to include legal fees for custom EULA’s would often cost more that we get in return for the license fee.
We hope to add online payments soon; we are testing two payment processors. We also plan to add online activation in the future.